Team Lead Contact Information
Meet our Ambassadors
Supported Decision-Making (SDM) Planning
The Texas Team, comprised of the Texas Council for Developmental Disabilities, Texas Advocates, and four ambassadors are aiming to show the power of young people. Our project will place youth in positions where families, educators, and state and local decision-makers can learn from youth about the importance of listening, respecting, and empowering people with disabilities.
Through the project, ambassadors are building confidence and knowledge about their civil rights, self-determination, supported decision-making agreements, and alternatives to guardianship. They will create waves by presenting in their local school districts, teaming with statewide advocacy networks, and sharing their unique projects.
- Article providing information and answers on powers of attorney in Texas.
- The Arc of Texas Master Pooled Trust
- Texas Achieving a Better Life Experience (“Texas ABLE®”) Program
- Supported Decision Making Resources from Disability Rights Texas
- Guardianship and Alternatives: Office of the Texas Governor
- Texas Council for Developmental Disabilities: Guardianship Alternatives